Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing Life Science Company committed to improve the treatment of diseases and global health through enabling protein biomarker discovery and development. Owning the leading and most exciting technologies in the market and a product portfolio for protein biomarker discovery and development we serve and support our customers through innovation, quality, rigor and transparency with the mission to drive precision medicine.
In seven years, we have analysed close to two million samples and generated more than 170 million data points for hundreds of customers from both research institutes and pharmaceutical companies around the world.
Olink now enables researchers to bring our platform into their labs and provides the requisite training to ensure success. In addition, we continue to offer services through our labs in Uppsala, Sweden and Watertown, MA.
As part of the company growth strategy, we are seeking an enthusiastic Sales Development Representative (SDR) to support our growing business. The primary responsibility for this role is to help drive prospecting customers and qualify marketing leads within the region.
The individual will work as part of the US Field Marketing team and work on key marketing initiatives to drive business growth. The role will involve close collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams. The SDR will be a key contributor to the joint success within a fast-paced, performance-driven environment.
- Execute sales prospecting and lead generation
- Generate qualified appointments through proactive outbound prospecting into target accounts
- Qualify marketing leads from trade shows, events, campaigns, and other activities/sources to potential sales qualified leads via marketing campaigns
- Cold call new prospects using a combination of phone, social media, and email
- Research, contact and book meetings with prospects that meet provided qualifying parameters
- Prospect into cold leads, lost or “no decision” opportunities, and former customers
- Gather sales intelligence around customers’ situation, needs, and decision process
- Use selling skills to set up qualified appointments for the regional sales team members
- Maintain lead/prospect contact information and notes in Salesforce to manage sales prospecting and track activities
- Help to execute marketing campaigns to drive traffic to online and in-person events
- Provide ongoing feedback to Sales & Marketing Management on ways to improve the prospecting process and increase results
- Attend regular regional meetings and update the team on the progress of activities
- Utilise Salesforce CRM to manage an opportunity pipeline
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in Biology, Biochemistry, Genomics, Proteomics or a related life science field.
- Proficient in IT skills as well and Microsoft packages.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, although position is primarily office based.
- Ability to innovate and work independently in a results-oriented environment with positive attitude.
- Be a team player, fast learner and adaptation sense, driven by passion to grow sales through marketing means.
- Previous sales experience is plus but not essential, with salesforce.com or other CRM experience is a plus.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with selling within an appropriate life science field
- Has experience using a CRM, (Salesforce preferred)
- Has a high level of commitment to relationship building.
- Must be fluent in English, other major European languages would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and be self-motivated
- The ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the prospect organizations via phone, social, and email
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Eager to do prospecting to identify new customers and opportunities.