Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing Life Science Company committed to improving the treatment of diseases and global health through enabling protein biomarker discovery and development. Owning the leading and most exciting technologies in the market and a product portfolio for protein biomarker discovery and development, we serve and support our customers through innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency with the mission to drive precision medicine.
In seven years, we have analyzed close to two million samples and generated more than 170 million data points for hundreds of customers from both research institutes and pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Olink enables researchers to bring our platform into their labs and provides the requisite training to ensure success. In addition, we continue to offer services through our labs in Uppsala, Sweden, and Watertown, MA.
The Application Science Team consists of a strong core team in EMEA. We have an exciting and crucial position that combines customer-facing activities with various internal collaborations to meet our goal of maintaining Olink's high customer satisfaction. The team is now growing, and with the introduction of our new Olink Explore product line, we are looking for a new key member for this brand-new position in the company.
We believe that a successful candidate enjoys working in a dynamic environment with a strong customer focus. You enjoy facing new challenges and solving complex problems, both independently and collaborating with your team members. As a person, you are social and positive with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are comfortable with taking the initiative and can prioritize your work. If you appreciate working in an energetic and enthusiastic team and would like to contribute to a new era in biomarker research, this position is a perfect fit for you.
- Provide scientific and technical support to Olink applications team on Olink workflow automation instruments.
- Actively assist and coordinate with customers for implementation of Olink technology in-house.
- In collaboration with the field application, scientists provide advanced customer support on technical support, troubleshooting issues related to user technical skills, and instrument operation.
- Actively collaborate cross-functionally to find the best solution to queries from Olink customers.
- Write and modify new automation protocols for new applications.
- Learn and advise on new automation instruments that can be compatible with Olink workflow.
- Ensure that customers receive the best possible support and service via, e.g., meetings, telephone, e-mail, and customer visits.
- Address customer complaints regarding automation instruments, and provide appropriate solutions and alternatives promptly.
- Make suggestions for improvements of product and internal processes based on customer feedback.
- Degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years working with laboratory automation instruments
- Demonstrated experience with laboratory automation systems and transitioning manual experimental workflows into fully automated processes
- Experience working with robotic liquid handling systems such as Agilent, Tecan, Beckman, etc.
- Extensive lab experience in designing and optimizing assays and a solid ability to diagnose complex instrumentation or application issues are also required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer and service-minded focus on all aspects of the work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
- Travel ~40-50% within Europe.
- Previous knowledge and experience with next gene sequencing and Olink technology is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Any additional language is a plus.