Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
Provide customers with high-quality analysis and service using Olink’s products.
- Perform routine analyses using Olink’s products and in compliance with Olink’s internal regulations.
- Receive, inspect, and record customer samples upon delivery.
- Handle, analyze and process laboratory samples (small to large sample sets).
- Work independently within a team environment, collaborate effectively with other employees and internal and external customers.
- Understand and work according to processes and techniques concerning Analysis Service and basic understanding of related disciplines.
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of the lab, perform inventory counts and monitor supply of consumables and reagents.
- Work according to established methods and processes and actively participate in maintaining documentation and systems within the unit’s Quality System.
- Record results of customer samples, organize data, perform basic quality control of data, and prepare data and reports using Olink’s procedures and guidelines.
- Independently solve technical or samples issues, customer or general problems and act as a resource for colleagues.
- Communicate with internal and external customers and apply a customer service approach to all aspects of work.
- Prepare and perform shipment of customer samples upon return request.
- Bachelor’s degree or within Life Science field or similar.
- 1 or more years documented experience of laboratory work, with large sample cohorts and/ or service organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and be flexible in day-to -day work tasks.
- Ability to meet customers in a professional and customer-friendly way.
- Strong experience of laboratory work, preferentially routine work with large sample sets and/or service organizations.
- Thorough, self-motivated, and productive team player with an interest to work across teams and disciplines.
- Documented experience in Microsoft Office programs and an ability to learn other software and systems.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.