Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
Olink Proteomics is looking for a Logistics Technician to assist with the growth of our logistics operations. This is an ideal role for a motivated individual looking to get started in the life sciences and biotechnology industry with a rapidly growing organization.
- Receive inbound shipments from suppliers and put away products, equipment, and shipping materials
- Fulfill customer orders, including picking, packing, and shipping of Olink Proteomics kits and instruments
- Coordinate day-to-day parcel and freight shipping activities with FedEx and other third-party logistics providers
- Perform inventory management for lab and distribution operations
- Work with lab coordinators to ensure lab operations have sufficient reagent supply
- Track lab and distribution stock and conduct periodic inventory checks
- Ensure internal and customer orders are correctly processed from start to finish
- Maintain cleanliness and upkeep of logistics space and storage areas
- Communicate with customer care specialists to help provide customers with up-to-date information regarding their orders and lead times
- Independently solve logistical or general problems that may arise and apply a customer-first approach to all aspects of work
- Excellent communication, time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and work well under time pressure
- Strong team player and fast learner
- Ability to be flexible in day-to-day work tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, business, or related field
- Employee will be required to stand and move around for long periods of time as well as frequently lift boxes and other materials in order to accomplish logistics functions