Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
For more information about Olink, please visit www.olink.com
As part of the Field Application team you will support the commercial team to clearly identify customer’s scientific and technical needs. Provide advanced customer applications pre- and post sales support to business development managers and customers. This includes technical and application support, experimental design, troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, and data analysis to ensure successful sales and highest customer satisfaction. An integral part of this role will be to provide training of core labs and engage in their work, including promoting the core lab, assisting in quality control of data, advising in laboratory setup and techniques and keeping them informed on new advancements, to ensure their quality and success.
We believe that a successful Application Scientist at Olink enjoys working in a dynamic environment with strong customer focus. You enjoy facing new challenges and solving complex problems, both independently and in collaboration with your team members. As a person, you are social and positive with excellent communication skills. You are comfortable with taking the initiative and can prioritize your work. If you appreciate working in an energetic and enthusiastic team and would like to contribute to a new era in biomarker research, this position is a perfect fit for you.
- Provide advanced customer applications support to business development managers and customers, including Olink kit and core labs. This includes technical support, troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, and data analysis to ensure highest customer satisfaction.
- Advise and support core labs in laboratory setup, automation instrument ordering and ensuring that training of the users is accurately performed by instrument vendors.
- Program automation instruments for running Olink projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of the automation instruments for Olink products.
- Actively collaborate with different departments of the company to find the best solution to queries and issues from Olink customers.
- Ensure that customers receive the best possible support and service via e.g. meetings, telephone conferences, e-mail and customer visits.
- Provide appropriate solutions and alternatives in a timely manner.
- Engage with customers to provide technical discussion, seminars, and demonstrations.
- Conduct trainings of core labs, customers and new employees.
- Travel up to 50% nationally and globally as needed.
- Degree in Molecular Biology/related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge in proteomics and biomarker discovery.
- Strong interest in hands on work with laboratory instruments such as pipetting robots, systems for automatization of workflow and PCR instruments etc.
- Experience with Fluidigm BioMarkHD, Illumina NovaSeq600, SPT LabTech Mosquito & Dragonfly, is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience of previous service-minded customer facing work.
- Customer and service-minded focus on all aspects of the work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Any additional language is a plus.