Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
The Data Science team at Olink offers internal and external data analysis expertise, services, and tools. Our goal is to ensure that exceptional study design and data analysis decisions lead to efficient and high-quality products that provide useful results.
The team has two main functions: Data Science Operations, who work mainly to develop and offer data analysis services to customers, and Data Science Development, who focus on internal data analysis support and product development. This role will expand our DS Operations team to work with data analysis services for our customers. The Data Analyst will join a global Data Science team dedicated to making Olink’s technology central for biomarkers precision medicine.
The main purpose of this position is to provide troubleshooting and data analysis support in customer projects. The Data Analyst will:
- Provide data manipulation and analysis support in customer projects.
- Conduct analysis and provide high-quality analysis reports to customers.
- Provide programming and data analysis consultation to other departments and customers.
- Support Analysis Service in questions regarding data quality control.
- Assist in troubleshooting of data issues.
- As a part of our global Data Science team, work to improve processes for data analysis and reporting in customer projects.
- Analyze data using relevant statistical packages and contribute to the development of functions and tools for automation of specific analysis tasks.
- Participate in customer meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Act as an integral member of the project team, collaborate effectively with colleagues and customers.
- MSc in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or similar.
- Relevant industry or academic experience of data analysis, in Life Science sector.
- Demonstrated strong ability to work across different teams and disciplines.
- Programming skills in R.
- Knowledge in RMarkdown and Git is an advantage.
- Experience of trouble shooting and data analysis in medical or biological research, especially with data from high throughput technologies in proteomics and genomics.
- Experience from qPCR and NGS based methods is an advantage.
- Analytical mind and an interest in modern data analysis methods and tools.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to plan work, work structured and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.