Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
The Data Science team at Olink offers internal and external data analysis expertise, services and tools. Our goal is to ensure that exceptional study design and data analysis decisions lead to efficient and high-quality products that provide useful results.
The team has two main functions: Data Science Operations, who work mainly to develop and offer data analysis services to customers, and Data Science Development, who focus on internal data analysis support and product development. This role will expand our DS Operations team to work with data analysis services for our customers. The Data Scientist will join a global Data Science team dedicated to making Olink’s technology central for biomarkers precision medicine.
The main purpose of this position is to provide data analysis service and solutions for translational research activities. The Data Scientist will:
- Provide data analysis support and take a lead role in the design, analysis, and interpretation of translational research studies.
- Provide high quality statistical consultation to customers and collaborators.
- Advise and educate biomarker/clinical scientists on the use of correct statistical techniques and promote innovative design and analysis methodology.
- As a part of our global Data Science team, work to improve processes for data analysis and reporting in customer projects.
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis to provide data driven recommendations for working with Olink data.
- Compile and provide high-quality analysis reports to customers.
- Organize and participate in customer meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Assist in troubleshooting of data issues.
- Develop and maintain data tools for use in customer applications.
- MSc (or PhD) in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or similar.
- Relevant industry or academic experience of advanced data analysis and statistics, in Life Science sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work across different teams and disciplines.
- The ability to engage customers and explain statistical analytical techniques and considerations to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong programming skills in R.
- Experience in R Shiny development.
- Knowledge in RMarkdown and Git is an advantage.
- Experience in applying statistical methods in medical or biological research, especially with data from high throughput technologies in proteomics and genomics.
- Strong analytical mind and an interest in modern statistical and data analysis methods.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in an agile and rapidly changing environment with high quality deliverables.