Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
As a key member of the commercial team, the VP, Global Marketing will own the strategic direction and tactical implementation of marketing activities across the business. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for leading, developing and executing the strategic vision and tactical plans for marketing all current and pipeline products. You will own all downstream marketing activities including marketing strategy, branding, product positioning, product messaging, market development, lead generation and nurturing, website management, and marketing communications.
You will take on a broad range of duties and responsibilities not typically seen in larger organizations, so adaptability and strong generalized marketing skills will be crucial. This leader will build and maintain and scale a best-in-class team of marketeers to support commercial growth objectives as the business continues to expand. You thrive in a scale-up environment and have a successful track record of leading innovative marketing plans that position the company and their products ahead of the curve in the proteomics space.
- Establish a comprehensive strategic position along with tactical marketing plans that competitively position the company for success.
- Creating global demand for products in a customer-centric manner by developing and overseeing execution of the marketing plan. This includes definition of and segmentation of the market, targeting and positioning, and all aspects of the marketing mix
- Lead all product launches, promotional marketing campaigns and marketing communication efforts, aligning them with the company’s commercial strategy.
- Hire, develop, and motivate a high-performance team of marketeers. Build an effective organizational structure, processes, and a collaborative culture that emphasizes achievement of both short- and long-term business objectives.
- Cultivate a strong partnership with the Sales organization to constructively partner and contribute to corporate/commercial goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other critical functions (ie Product Management, Scientific Affairs) to align objectives and plans
- Develop and cultivate a strong understanding of the broad range of customer segment needs to create effective value propositions and key messages to drive product adoption
- Develop and manage a metrics/reporting system to track and maintain an active awareness of marketing program success. Distill findings into actionable insights to evolve program success.
- Maintain an active awareness of the proteomics-driven precision medicine markets, competitors and customers.
- Leverage market research and 3rd party data to size the market opportunity and translate this knowledge into creating successful marketing programs. Perform in-depth analysis with both key external and internal stakeholders to understand adoption barriers.
- Integrate marketing communication promotional plans into the marketing foundation, developing communications tools and defining key conferences that enhance the company’s presence and compliment the overarching marketing business plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business and/or scientific discipline; PhD and/or MBA preferred
- 15+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in proteomics, molecular biology, biotechnology or medical device
- 10+ years of leadership experience in marketing in biotechnology, diagnostics or pharma industry
- Demonstrated leadership capability and an understanding of the sales process in life science
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Ability to develop, rationalize, and present strategy. Communicates (both written and verbal) in a professional, focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Establishes well organized plans of action to complete work objectives effectively.
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail and outcomes
- Independently drives execution of project goals and translates priorities into actions and supports all steps of the customer journey
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with working knowledge of financial models
- Takes initiative, shows desire to learn and master essential skills, and seeks out opportunities and people that can help business grow
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, easily juggles multiple priorities, leverages available resources and stays focused under pressure
- Prior experience in a start-up or tech environment is a plus
- Requires travel up to 10-20% for industry conferences and visits to subsidiaries