Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
The Data Science team at Olink offers internal and external data analysis expertise, services and tools. Our goal is to ensure good study design and data analysis decisions leading to efficient and high-quality products and processes as well as powerful and useful results. We play an important part in designing the study and performing advanced data analysis in close collaboration with our customers, to enable optimal use of Olink’s panels and accelerate the process from data to results and insights.
The team has two main functions, Data Science Customer Applications working mainly with developing and offering data analysis services to our customers, and Data Science Development working on internal data analysis support and product development.
The Data Science Customer Applications team in Boston provides statistical service, tools and consultation to our NA customers, while the Customer Applications team in Uppsala serves our European and APAC customers.
We are now expanding our Customer Applications team with a Data Scientist based in Uppsala, to work with data analysis services for our customers. You will join a global Data Science team dedicated to make Olink’s technology central for biomarker precision medicine by providing innovative analytical solutions to leverage Olink’s proteomics data and deliver the highest value to our customers.
The main purpose of this position is to provide data analysis service and solutions for translational research activities:
- Provide data analysis support and take a leading role in the design, analysis, and interpretation of translational research studies.
- Provide high quality statistical consultation to customers and collaborators.
- Advise and educate biomarker/clinical scientists on the use of correct statistical techniques and promote innovative design and analysis methodology.
- As a part of our global Data Science team, work to improve processes for data analysis and reporting in customer projects.
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis to provide data driven recommendations for working with Olink data.
- Conduct analysis and compile analysis reports to customers, ensuring high quality on all aspects of the data analysis work.
- Organize and participate in customer meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Assist in troubleshooting of data issues.
- Develop and maintain data tools for use in customer applications.
Qualifications and Skills
MSc (or PhD) in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Molecular Biology or similar.
- Relevant industry or academic experience of advanced data analysis and statistics, in Life Science sector.
- Demonstrated strong ability to work across different teams and disciplines.
- The ability to engage and influence customers and explain statistical and analytical techniques and considerations to non-technical peers.
- Strong programming skills in R.
- Experience of R Shiny development.
- Knowledge in RMarkdown and Git is an advantage.
- Experience in applying statistical methods in medical or biological research, especially with data from high throughput technologies in proteomics and genomics.
- Strong analytical mind and an interest in modern statistical and data analysis methods, for example machine learning.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high quality deliverables.
The last application day is on the 2022.07.04. The selection process is ongoing and the position might get filled before the last day of application. If this sounds interesting, please send us your application, and come join Olink!