Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
For more information about Olink, please visit www.olink.com
The position of Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with new and existing high-level customers within both academia (clinicians, professors, etc.) and industry (pharma). The position focuses on achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a long-term partnership between the customer and Olink.
Olink requires scientific sales individuals who can communicate with customers at a well-informed and professional level offering them solutions to try and address their clinical questions related to understanding real-time biology, stratifying patients, and developing drugs.
Check out our PEA technology here:
- Understand the major drivers and limitations of the market in the relevant territory
- Develop and maintain KOL relationships for which a strong scientific background is needed
- Grow overall revenue from Olink Explore service and kits
- Map key accounts
- Manage existing and new biomarker discovery projects within these accounts
- Provide technical presentations to potential clients interested in protein biomarker discovery
- Present Olink applications and real-life examples of them with high confidence to potential customers while being able to address and answer technical questions
- Provide study design guidance in collaboration with Field Application Scientist team to ensure client satisfaction
- Bring creative solutions to clients and be able to understand the value drivers within their organizations
- Maintain updated customer and opportunity information in Salesforce
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and technologies
- Work closely with Sales peers, Project Coordinators, FAS, Data Scientists and the wider organisation to maximize commercial success
- 5-10 years relevant sales experience
- BSc, MS or PhD in Biology or related scientific field
- Proven track record of performance in a customer facing role
- A relevant network of contacts within territory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Able to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong deal sheet with demonstrated ability to “close” business.
- Open to learn from more experienced members of the team
- Willing to teach members of team and share relevant experiences
- Technical experience with proteomics or biomarker discovery a plus