Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor, and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
For more information about Olink, please visit www.olink.com
The position Business Development Specialist is responsible for developing and managing relationships with new and existing high-level customers within both academia (clinicians, professors, etc.) and industry (pharma). The position focuses on achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a long-term partnership between the customer and Olink.
Olink requires scientific sales individuals who can communicate with customers at a well-informed and professional level offering them solutions to try and address their clinical questions related to understanding real-time biology, stratifying patients, and developing drugs.
Check out our PEA technology here:
- Grow overall revenue from Olink Signature and Olink Target service and kits
- Drive the externalization strategy of Olink partnering with Core Labs and CRO’s
- Map key accounts
- Manage existing and new biomarker discovery projects within these accounts
- Provide technical presentations to potential clients interested in protein biomarker discovery
- Provide study design guidance in collaboration with FAS team to ensure client satisfaction
- Present complex material to potential customers interested in protein biomarker discovery
- Bring creative solutions to clients and be able to understand the value drivers within their organizations
- Maintain updated customer and opportunity information in Salesforce
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and technologies
- Work closely with other Sales, FAS and the wider organisation to maximize commercial success
- 5-10 years relevant sales experience
- BSc, MS or PhD in Biology or related scientific field
- Proven track record of performance in a customer facing role
- A relevant network of contacts within territory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Able to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong deal sheet with demonstrated ability to “close” business.
- Open to learn from more experienced members of the team
- Willing to teach members of team and share relevant experiences
- Technical experience with proteomics or biomarker discovery a plus