Who we are
Olink Proteomics is a rapidly growing life science company committed to advancing the understanding of human diseases through proteomics. We are dedicated to innovation, quality, rigor and transparency, providing outstanding solutions and support for human protein biomarker discovery.
The vital role of proteins in understanding human biology has been recognized for many decades, but technological limitations severely restricted the comprehensive investigation of the huge number of proteins that could be important in different biological processes and diseases. With Olink, scientists can now simultaneously measure thousands of human proteins using just a few µL of blood sample, with highly specific, thoroughly validated assays that cover a very wide dynamic range (fg/mL to µg/mL).
In a few years, Olink has grown rapidly from a small, Sweden-based company offering assays for a few hundred proteins, to a NASDAQ-listed organization with a strong global presence, a broad portfolio of flexible protein biomarker solutions and library of high quality, thoroughly validated assays that covers ~3000 proteins.
For more information about Olink, please visit www.olink.com
Our accelerated growth and continued innovation into new products have created the opportunity to expand our sales leadership team. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, technically savvy, and commercially focused Business Development Director to join our team and drive sales into our core customer segmentation across Academia, Pharmaceutical Population health studies and Partner Laboratories. The right candidate should have a keen interest in joining and continuing to develop a great company culture.
Check out our PEA technology here:
- Responsible for sales goals and budget for assigned sales sub-region
- Responsible for the development of a distributor network and sales
- Lead the regional BDM team in identifying new business opportunities, prospect qualified leads, and close sales
- Manage, develop, coach, and motivate BDM team members in the region. Help to develop their skills to ensure that a high professional standard of sales and customers success is achieved
- Train and coach BDMs to convey complex product information and product features/benefits specific to each customer situation to better define the value of Olink’s product offerings
- Develop territory sales plans and goals and on a continual basis
- Responsible for continuing to develop, hire and train BDMs within the region
- Conduct meetings with each BDM to review business opportunities, pipeline, and opportunity management
- Provide sales and forecasting reports for Olink’s monthly business reviews upstream to the regional VP
- Strategically and tactically plan sales support activities such as seminars and symposia in the region, showcasing Olink and its product offering
- 8+ years relevant sales experience, sales management or application scientist experience in life science
- B S, MS or PhD in Biology or related life science field
- Technical experience with proteomics or biomarker discovery
- Experience selling to Pharma, Academia and Clinical customers
- Experience with hiring and building a sales team is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to meet or exceed revenue targets
- Proven track record of performance in a customer-facing role
- Attend national trade shows when needed
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- An established list of contacts/connections within these accounts is a significant plus